Call Today for a Consultation

Mecklenburg County Child Support Cases - Which Financial Affidavit Do I File?

The 26th Judicial District Family Court Division has enacted Local Rules of Domestic Court that govern specific processes, procedure, and forms to be used in Family Court cases.

One of the most commonly required forms is the Affidavit of Financial Standing or Financial Affidavit. This form is required in all child support and spousal support cases.

There are two (2) versions of the Financial Affidavit – the “long form” and the “short form”. Depending on what kind of claim is being heard by the Court, litigants will file either the long form or the short form.

Typically the long form is used in cases for post-separation support, alimony, non-guideline child support, and Worksheet B (shared physical custody) cases being heard in Family Court.

The short form is used primarily only in Guideline Worksheet A (primary custody) child support cases.

If you have any questions about which form to use, how to complete the form or any other filing requirements for your Charlotte family law case, you should contact a North Carolina licensed attorney. The attorneys at Miller Bowles Cushing handle child support and spousal support cases every day and would be happy to meet with you to discuss your case.

Call us today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys – (704) 810-1400.